Monday 10 October 2016

Post-Secondary vs Pre-University: Is one better than the other by default?

So around June this year, I attended a camp which was attended by JC, MI, polytechnic and and ITE students. I have always been somewhat aware of the divide which exists between the various types of institutions. However, never have I seen more clearly for myself the obvious division between JC/MI students and polytechnic/ITE students than during this short camp, which lasted a mere three days. 


Just because someone attends a JC, it does not mean that they are better than a polytechnic/ITE student. If you are a JC student, for all you know, that polytechnic/ITE student may be more certain about their future than you. They might be learning more about something they love than you are. 

So guys, if you study in a JC, do not just shun polytechnic/ITE students without talking to them and getting to know them as people. I know your parents warned you about the bad kids in polytechnics/ITEs but believe me there are plenty of good (and smart) kids there as well :) 

This whole post came about mainly because of one thing that bothered me: that the only JC kids who spoke to me first were mostly those who knew me before I began attending a polytechnic.

(adapted from my post on instagram via @thelegitzakkie)

No comments:

Post a Comment