Monday 10 October 2016

JC vs Polytechnic: Is one more stressful than the other?

I have been saying this practically all the time since I set foot into a polytechnic, but I shall say it again. I have heard many people imply that, in their opinion, studying in a polytechnic is much less stressful than studying in a junior college. Many people have made statements like "is it too late to change to a polytechnic" or "I wish I had opted for a polytechnic because JC is turning out to be very stressful". 


And I think something is wrong here if any of you guys out there believe that switching to a polytechnic will drastically reduce your stress levels. Studying in a polytechnic isn't the equivalent of wonderland, guys. Polytechnics provide you with an education as well. Polytechnics will stress you out as well - in their own way. There will be assignments flooding in throughout the course of the semester. There will be tests and exams. And best of all, if you do not do very well for any of your semesters, those bad grades will count towards your cumulative GPAs. This in comparison to JC, is actually much more stressful because in JC, if you do badly for any tests/exams prior to A-levels, it does not affect your A-level grade which universities will look at when considering you as a potential student.

Basically, I am here to let you guys know that polytechnics aren't the appropriate solution for you if you are seeking a solution for stress. Polytechnics are pretty stressful as well, as we have seen earlier (and as I see for myself every week in school). However, if you are concerned that by going to JC, you are missing out on following your passion, a polytechnic just might be your solution :) 

This is just to clarify matters for those of you guys who thought that polytechnics are not particularly stressful.

(adapted from my post on instagram via @thelegitzakkie)

No comments:

Post a Comment